Join Course Now
I. Socio-Cultural History of India and Telangana.
1. Salient features of Indus Valley Civilization: Society and Culture. -Early and Later Vedic
Civilizations; Religious Movements in Sixth Century B.C. –Jainism and Buddhism. Socio, Cultural
Contribution of Mauryas, Guptas, Pallavas, Chalukyas, Cholas Art and Architecture - Harsha and
the Rajput Age.
2. The Advent of Islam and the Establishment of Delhi Sultanate-Socio, Cultural Conditions under
the Sultanate –Sufi and Bhakti Movements. The Mughals: Social and Cultural Conditions; Language,
Literature, Art and Architecture. Rise of Marathas and their contribution to Culture; Socio-Cultural
conditions in the Deccan under the Bahamanis and Vijayanagara - Literature, Art and Architecture.
3. Advent of Europeans: Rise and Expansion of British Rule: Socio-Cultural Policies - Cornwallis,
Wellesley, William Bentinck, Dalhousie and others. The Rise of Socio-Religious Reform Movements
in the Nineteenth Century. Social Protest Movements in India –Jotiba and Savithribai Phule,
Ayyankali, Narayana Guru, Periyar Ramaswamy Naicker, Gandhi, Ambedkar etc.
4. Socio-Cultural conditions in Ancient Telangana- Satavahanas, Ikshvakus, Vishnukundins,
Mudigonda and Vemulawada Chalukyas. Religion, Language, Literature, Art and Architecture;
Medieval Telangana - Contribution of Kakatiyas, Rachakonda and Devarakonda Velamas, Qutub
Shahis; Socio -Cultural developments: Emergence of Composite Culture. Fairs, Festivals, Moharram,
Ursu, Jataras etc.
5. Foundation of AsafJahi Dynasty- from Nizam –ul- Mulk to Mir Osaman Ali Khan - SalarJung
Reforms Social system and Social conditions-Jagirdars, Zamindars, Deshmuks, and Doras- Vetti
and Bhagela system and position of Women. Rise of Socio-Cultural Movements in Telangana:
Arya Samaj, Andhra Maha Sabha, Andhra Mahila Sabha, Adi-Hindu Movements, Literary and
Library Movements. Tribal and Peasant Revolts: Ramji Gond, Kumaram Bheemu, and Telangana
Peasant Armed Struggle – Police Action and the End of Nizam Rule.
II. Overview of the Indian Constitution and Politics.
1. Evolution of Indian Constitution – Nature and salient features – Preamble.
2. Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of State Policy – Fundamental Duties.
3 Distinctive Features of Indian Federalism – Distribution of Legislative and Administrative Powers
between Union and States.
4. Union and State Governments – President – Prime Minister and Council of Ministers; Governor,
Chief Minister and Council of Ministers – Powers and Functions.
5. Rural and Urban Governance with special reference to the 73rd and 74th Amendments.
6. Electoral System: Free and fair Elections, Malpractices; Election Commission; Electoral Reforms
and Political Parties.
7. Judicial System in India – Judicial Activism.
8. a) Special Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes, Women
b) Welfare Mechanism for Enforcement – National Commission for Scheduled Castes, National
Commission for Scheduled Tribes and National Commission for Backward Classes.
9. Indian Constitution: New Challenges.
III. Social Structure, Issues and Public Policies.
1. Indian Social Structure:
Salient Features of Indian society: Caste, Family, Marriage, Kinship, Religion, Tribe, Women,
Middle class - Socio-cultural Features of Telangana Society.
2. Social Issues:
Inequality and Exclusion: Casteism, Communalism, Regionalism, Violence against Women, Child
Labour, Human trafficking, Disability and Aged.
3. Social Movements:
Peasant’s Movements, Tribal movements, Backward Class Movements, Dalit Movements,
Environmental Movements, Women’s Movements, Regional Autonomy Movements, Human Rights
4. Telangana Specific Social Issues:
Vetti, Jogini, Devadasi System, Child labour, Girl child , Flourosis, Migration, Farmer’s and Weaver’s
5. Social Policies and Welfare Programmes:
Affirmative Policies for SCs, STs, OBC, Women, Minorities, Labour, Disabled and Children; Welfare
Programmes: Employment, Poverty Alleviation Programmes; Rural and Urban, Women and Child
Welfare, Tribal Welfare.
Help Others to Learn by Sharing This Great Course :)