(20 Marks) 1. Meaning and Nature of
Mathematics, History of Mathematics.
2. Contributions of Great Mathematicians - Aryabhatta, Bhaskaracharya,
Ramanujan, Euclid, Pythagoras, George cantor.
3. Aims and Values of teaching Mathematics, Instructional objectives (Blooms
4. Mathematics curriculum: Principles, approaches of curriculum construction,
and Psychological, Topical and Concentric, Spiral approaches. Qualities of a
Mathematics text book.
5. Methods of teaching mathematics- Heuristic method, Laboratory method,
and Deductive methods, Analytic and Synthetic methods, Project method and
6. Unit Plan, Year Plan, Lesson Planning in Mathematics.
7. Instructional materials, Edgar Dale's Cone of Experience.
8. Evolving strategies for the gifted students and slow learners,
9. Techniques of teaching mathematics like Oral work, written work, Drilling,
Assignment, Project, Speed and Accuracy.
10.Mathematics club, Mathematics structure, Mathematics order and pattern
11. Evaluation - Types, Tools and Techniques of Evaluation, Preparation of SAT
Analysis, Characteristics of a good test.
Help Others to Learn by Sharing This Great Course :)
Get in touch with us any time! We love hearing from you